Daily rambles, stumbles and travels

Monday, 14 February 2011

Tangled Rabbit

Recently, some of you may have noticed the Chinese New year passed us by. I usually find myself celebrating this with a lot more enthusiasm than Britain's New year, as lets face it, all you get during the New Year's Eve here is a bunch of hollering drunkards prowling the town. I find Chinese New year a lot more sober minded and, well, a lot more fun!

Some place close to home there is a gathering for Chinese New year which has a fireworks celebration and some tasty foods to be munched! I've missed it for the past couple of years due to whatever reason, but this time I decided to attend it with my sammich sister and a friend of ours, who funnily enough is actually leaving the British Isles to work in China (Going to miss that lady!) in the next few weeks. Standing our common ground of preparing to leave for the Asias!

Before the event we decided to treat ourselves with a much be-lated viewing of Disney's 'Tangled'. I have rarely visited the cinema lately due to saving moneys for Japan, so this was an event in itself. Plus, I can't miss out on Disney....EVER.

One word BEAUTIFUL, followed by several other words that are all kinds of complimentary and full of JOOOOY! ^___^ This film was so reminiscent of the storybook tales of old school Disney and despite it's obvious 3D qualities (I decided to view it in 2D, because 3D kills my retinas) you kinda forget it is a 3D animation, becoming lapped up with it's renaissance painting style and the stunning fluid animation and character works. We all sobbed and cried tears of joy throughout!

As we arrived for the Chinese New year gathering , tasty eats were consumed: Sweet and sour chicken with noodles.



Whilst watching the sun set....Then BOOM fireworks!








An awesome display and a great way to enter the New Year ^___^

Whats going on with 'Plan Japan'?

At this present time, trying to sort out accommodation and insurance is the main task at hand, followed shortly by finding a new laptop.
Accommodation is quite frustrating, mainly for the lack of double/semi double bedded apartments, oddly enough i thought money would be more of an issue. BUT, there are a few favourites that I will reveal in time....

So, stay tuned for more of my travels to Japan!

No comments: