Daily rambles, stumbles and travels

Thursday 9 April 2009

Quote of the day

I just heard a wild story which I thought I'd share, whether it's true or not I don't care, because it sounds awesome.

"A story a friend told of John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl...he'd started conducting the first few notes of his 'Jaws' theme, then the entire audience behind him started chiming in with the melody, until he just gave up, turned around, and started "conducting" the audience ... they built up to a perfect crescendo and cut off precisely when he conducted them to."

The visions made me chuckle pretty hard :D

Now some bone pictures from my recent trip to the Oxford Museum of Natural History:

Layout of the Oxford Natural history Museum.
Triceratops Skull.
Edmonatsaurus.
Buffalo.
Camel.
Domestic Pig.Army of the dead.
Leopard.
Horse.
Reindeer.
Bison.
Asian elephant.
Irish Elk.T-Rex.
Deinotherium.

Humpback Whale.

2 comments:

Dog Bites Back said...

I would pay to watch a bunch of people chanting the "Jaws" theme. Thank you for the April Chuckle (TM).

Loaf said...

There is a small charge of £200 per chuckle, PAY UP.