Daily rambles, stumbles and travels

Saturday 21 February 2009

Many Findings!

Here we have some drawings (Which I was obviously very proud of back in my days of short and chunky) many generations ago. With one of the rooms going under redecoration for the Springtime on it's way, my Pa came across a few drawings that I had created during my time at Junior School. I think I must have been atleast seven or eight years old?


I do not remember ever attending a comic making class on the theme of Egypt, but here is the evidence. You may also notice the teachers have not corrected my spelling mistakes.
For a little explanation of the characters involved, Hector and Tyler were the two family hounds when I was younger, Hector was the older and more sensible doglie, whereas Tyler was the young and cheeky dude. Man, I miss those guys. The cat 'Mirage' was a rip off from the character that featured within the 'Aladdin' television series from the nineties, let me see if I can find a screen cap...

Ah-Ha! There we go. Not much of a likeness, but I know for certain that she was my inspiration.

And now for some more recent art pieces I created during my time away from the internets.
This piece was inspired after viewing 'Gingersnaps', I think the quote that inspired me was "It feels so... good, Brigette. It's like touching yourself. You know every move... right on the fucking dot. And after, see fucking fireworks. Supernovas. I'm a goddamn force of nature. I feel like I could do just about anything." This combined with listening to the song 'Low' by Foo Fighters.
Just linework scribbles for now, but this will be coloured.


A random doodle page.

A skull piece I'm working on and hopefully will finish at somepoint, I'm kinda stuck on it for the meantime, but I will return to it when I feel inspired once more.

And for the blockbuster of the Spring, I give you 'C.H.U.D.'


Now off to Londonia tomorrow to celebrate a fellow Disney fanatics birthday, involving such activities like THE ZOO. With the infamous GORILLA KINGDOM and anteaters too :D Bad news is, a wake-up call at 5am, but it'll be worth it. *ka-cheer* Expect photos!

No comments: