Daily rambles, stumbles and travels

Sunday 2 November 2008

Finding myself back and forth like a crabby crab.....

...This title does not make sense as they walk left and right, i felt like involving a crustacian in my blog since ya know they're cool, not-to-mention the fact that my magnetic crabby on my desk jiggles with every slamming type I make on the keyboard. LOOKIT HIM GO MA!

Yesh, I is back. Back from where you ask? EVERYWHERE. Specifically, New York. The land of a thousand meals, sights, sounds and purchases. It must be noted that I had a might fine time, seeing the two specifics I wish to see in all countries:

1. Zoo

2. Natural History Museum.


Before I ramble about both of these places, I should probably mention that the entire atmosphere of New York was just a totally awesome, bodacious place and they have, like, the BEST and most HUGE pizzas :P It was fantastic long weekend (Not enuff time plz anufa wk plz, k thnx!) with so much packed into it. This is also to say it was spent with awesome-tastic company, that were luckily not bothered by my constant photographic addiction.

I have spent like, two days editting/uploading photographs, so I will give you the highlights :D

Photobucket
Rockerfeller Building with funky Autumninal display.

Photobucket
I now have a LOVE for pancakes, bacon and maple syrup. My gawd, don't knock it until you've tried it!

Photobucket
Naked Cowboy, I gots to strump his guitar string :D

Photobucket
Times Square ^_^

Photobucket
Toys R' Us in Times Square, Jurassic Park T-Rex!!!

Photobucket
St.Patrick's Cathedral. It was SO hard to pick my favourite photo from this place, as the whole structure was so astounding! I had to wedge inbetween two structures to get this.

Photobucket
This maybe a regular day-to-day experience for most New Yorkers, but for me it was pretty interesting; The Subway :D

Photobucket
My first time experiencing a sport entertainment known as 'Roller Derby', first time I'd ever wanted to sign up for a sport!

NEXT DAY

Photobucket
Giant pizzas! Dang, they are mighty fine too. Yesh, that is my hand in ratio to the pizza.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Central Park. What more is there to say? I frakkin' love this place, a must visit in the Autumn. Trees = :D


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Central Park Zoo! Of course, one the major stops that must be made, I mean, it had Tamanduas AND Red Pandas, how awesome is that?! There were also polar bears and rolling seals for show. Not a huge zoo, but definitely worth the trip because of the layout, enclosures and selection of animals ^_^

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Disney Store New York! Of course, a capital of the world has to give something special to the Disney fans out there. I flailed my limbs like a crazy person when I saw the shops sign and dived right on in! The decor was amazing, like a minature Disneyland, with an added third artist floor. This is where you can find fine art paintings featuring your favourite tales and characters; I fell in love with the Beauty and the Beast one that is above. There were many other classics and even a chance to get your photo taken with Donald and Mickey - JOY!

Photobucket
Rockerfeller Building at night, ok, I need a drum roll for these next pictures because they are hella rockin'!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Beautiful, no? The big ol' purple building is the Empire State Building. When I stepped out I gasped and heck, maybe even a little eye waterage, since I thought I'd never see something like this in my life. Made me feel all giddy and schtuff ^_^ Now for some awesome mood lighting photos featuring people faces!

Photobucket
<3

Photobucket
Swooshy hair at night ^_^

Photobucket
Photobucket


NEXT DAY

Photobucket
Midtown Comics, I finally found the original 'Dark Knight' poster featuring The Joker smearing blood from behind a glass window in here - THANKYOUUU! (For some reason it is not available in the U.K.)

Photobucket
M&Ms crazy colours, and way too much M&M merch!

Photobucket
Hershey's store = REECE'S PIECES :D:D:D:D

NEXT DAY

Photobucket
The American museum of Natural History. Greeted by a gaint Saurapod (Maybe a Brachi, I wasn't sure because so many peeps were sitting around the base and I could not see the description of the dinos) taking on a Megaraptor(? Once again, not sure).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
His favourite stompy dino ^_^

Photobucket
My dear beloved Parasauaralophus <3

Photobucket
Photobucket
WHALE!

Photobucket
Squid and the Whale.


Photobucket
Photobucket
New York has millions of taxis, millions. They're hella comfy and suprisingly inexpensive.


Photobucket
Photobucket
The plane ride home, greated by snow and a very beautiful sunrise when floating of U.K. soil ^_^

HOLY BALLZ NEW YORKS WAS AWESOMES. (P.s. I want to live there someday and all that ^_^)


Wish I could say more, but my interenet browser has closed on three occassions during this blog. So more stories when I have more energy LOLZ.

Le fin.

2 comments:

Dog Bites Back said...

Red panda coming out of a tree stump! Autumnal Rockefeller!

Rob said...

It is not just my favourite dinosaur, it is the best dinosaur.